NEW TRACK...
Yep, it's that time of the week. This time around, I got personal yet against (first my atheism, then I cracked on friends, now it's my alcoholic Uncle) with "The Alcoholic".
If you know my family, you know the guy we shrug off like a bug - which is horrible because "acceptance starts when you leave it alone", but really, I'd rather not leave it alone.
He's never done shit TO the kids, but then again he hasn't done shit WITH the kids.
This song is for the alcoholic in YOUR family.
THE ALCOHOLIC
In this trying time, gotta think about
What's on your mind - gotta work it out.
Go and cover your ears, You can't think when they're all shouting,
You can't move when it's all mounting,
You can't sail when it's all sinking,
There's no pain if you're busy drinking.
It's a burning house and you're the owner.
A scared family and you're a loner.
Whiskey to harmony - "Better than a stoner".
The couch is your domain for when
You don't wanna play the game of Life.
We're a loser team fighting a losing battle.
You know what I mean. Why don't you put the bottle
Down so we can talk about it.
We're caring for you because you don't.
Foundation giving way.
Arms crossed you've got nothing to say.
Your eyes say a million words
You don't need to speak to be heard.
We hear every single god damn word.
You can't think when they're all shouting,
You can't move when it's all mounting,
You can't sail when it's all sinking,
There's no pain if you're busy drinking.
...
This is also the first time where I started with the piano and vocals and added instruments from there on. It's a transition I've wanted to do successfully for a long time. Obviously still figuring things out.
-------------------
FEATURED...
DALECAST featured this track the next day.
DALECAST - Episode 333 (plays automatically)
Love and Ciao,
Trevor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment