Took a big risk making this week's new track about something I never talk about. Ever. At all... my Atheism. I had held this track back from being upload because of the backlash I'd get from my family should they ever hear this song. No, not my immediate family, they know, but almost none of my extended family knows. Hell one of my extended family are all Evangelical Christians! I was, at one point, told "I'd rather have you be Satanic than an Atheist because at least they believe in something!"
Obviously it's not an easy thing for me to talk about because not a lot of people accept Atheists. "Your Son Raised A Sinner" is detailing the scenario in which my grandparents find out by accident and how I believe they'd react.
Also, for the first time, you can hear my voice CLEARLY.
Enjoy the new track - no "hate mail" please (I actually don't get any "fan mail" so in this case I guess no mail is good mail).
YOUR SON RAISED A SINNER
Did you have to
Ask the question?
Now, everybody knows.
A guilty conscience super-
cedes the laugh track of a
TV show called "That's How Life Goes".
Everything's been said and
What's done is done and
Now there's no going back.
Yes, I'm an Atheist
And a proud one at that.
I'll have you know that your
Son raised a sinner and
I'll have you know, he wouldn't have it any other way.
I could of kept my mouth shut and
disagreed completely,
'knew you'd find out anyways.
How do you feel now?
How do you feel?
How do feel now that you know I'm not with God?
You leave the room,
Grab the keys and
Walk out of the situation.
I still love you,
Nothing's changed.
It's not my fault, it's your generation.
What's mine is mine,
To each his own.
Acceptance starts when you leave it alone.
No one cries because
No one cares.
You're both the last to know.
I don't need to deal with this
Life-long bullshit of discrepancy.
We're all the same
How long will that take you to see?
Yeah, the truth hurts, don't it?
Lying hurts even worse.
If you've got a tantrum, throw it
There's already been a first.
All my hurtful secrets are submersed
Yeah, the truth hurts, don't it?
Lying hurts even worse.
How do you feel now?
How do you feel?
How do you feel now that you know I'm not with God?
Love and Ciao,
Trevor.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So when can we hear the new track? ;)
Post a Comment